Saturday, June 2, 2012
Like the previous photo, these doors also once had another use. They are now an emergency entrance fro mthe Council offices but previously were the front doors to Camberwell Library.
The doors shown here were once the back entrance and loading dock for Camberwell Library. The door to the left was an entrance to the workroom and the door in the centre of the photo opened into the main staircase and thence to the circulation desk.
Since renovations to this 1890 building and the moving of Camberwell Library to temporary accommodation six years ago, the doors are now internal and lead to Council offices, meeting rooms and the Council chamber.